Zion Hill Free Will Baptist Church was organized in 1907 on a site near its
present location. The first meeting place was a modest brush arbor “down by the
creek”. In 1917, on one acre of land donated by Elizabeth Bennett, the Church
built its first real structure, a wooden building that would serve the
congregation well for the next 44 years.
In 1960 and 1961, the members of Zion Hill sold and removed the old wooden
church and built a new, brick sanctuary, borrowing only $3500 dollars to
complete the job. This facility, with seating for 100+, would serve the Church
well for the next 43 years as a center of worship, and still stands today as an
educational wing of the Church.
From the early 1990’s to present, the Church has seen much growth and many
changes. The old dirt road leading to the church is now a beautifully paved,
rural highway. Approximately seven acres of land has been purchased or donated,
and a parsonage has been built acrossthe street for the living quarters of the
Church’s first full-time pastor.An educational wing has been added and the
fellowship hall has been expanded.
In January of 2004, Zion Hill dedicated a new 300+ seat, state-of-the-art,
and beautiful brick sanctuary to the glory of God and to the ministry of His
Word for generations to come. We have room to grow and are constantly looking
for new families who would like a church to call home.